Monday, October 24, 2011

OOTD: Let's Do The Twist

You'll be pleased to see that I look considerably more smiley in this Outfit Of The Day post!  I thought I better crack a smile before I became known as the moody cow blogger! ha ha.  I am still consoling myself with wearing bright colours even though summer is well and truly O.V.E.R! It's lifts my mood and I always look better in vibrant colours.  It has a nifty way of lifting your complexion.


I got this Twist dress with draping and a tulip style skirt from ASOS.  Their sale is in full swing again and I picked it up reduced from £30 to £16.  It's made out of viscose and elastane which is usually pretty easy to take care of.  I had to pair it with black tights because it's a rather chilly 5oC outside today and I didn't fancy freezing my butt off.

Check out my nonchalant jacket-over-the-shoulder catalogue pose here...ha ha ha ha ha.  You can see by my expression that I'm laughing at myself!


Dress: ASOS (link)
Jacket: La Redoute
Bag: ShoeDazzle
Shoes: Zara
Necklace: Monsoon
Bracelet: ASOS
Ring: Accessorize
Belt: H&M


These amazing black Zara heels with gold keyhole detailing at the front are one of the comfiest high heels in my closet.  I am gutted because they are almost on their last legs and I will be very sad to see them go.  It's quite difficult letting go of a pair of shoes you're really fond of!


Given that I was wearing a bright coral dress, I decided to break out my Topshop Confession lipstick in Ooh La La.  To think I never used to wear bright lipsticks and now I am completely and utterly addicted to them! Go figure! The weird thing is, a bright lip makes me look totally different in photographs.  I put it down to the fact that my lip shape shows up more whereas nudes mean that my lips get lost in pics.


Are you ready to don more toned down shades for Autumn/Winter or are you holding onto those vibrant hues?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...