Saturday, October 29, 2011

OOTD: Monochrome

Ahhh, there's nothing like a good lie in and I treated myself to an especially satisfying one today.  Today consisted of food shopping (yawn), looking at a couple of possible new cars, the gym and then, later tonight, a few drinks in town with friends.  I love any excuse to get dressed up!

Anyways, I digress, this OOTD post is to showcase a couple of new purchases I wore a couple of days ago...a monochrome blouse from A Wear and some wedge boots from Faith@Debenhams.  I kept this look very simple and felt like it didn't need any jewellery to complicate the overall effect.


Monochrome may seem like an easy trend to adopt but sometimes it can look a little plain or too obvious.  I like to break up the look by mixing it with grey tones and pairing it with a red lip (Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Raspberry in this particular case).


I love this monochrome blouse from A Wear because it's bang on trend, a flattering fit and for a current piece, it won't break the bank at £30.  The only con to this blouse is that the material is the kind that builds up static easily...don't you just love synthetic fabrics!?  The blouse is on the more fitted side so don't be fooled into thinking it's an oversized garment.  Just order your normal size!

Jacket: Zara (link)
Blouse: A Wear (link)
Leggings: H&M
Boots: Faith (link)
Bag: Ebay (link)


The boots are EXTREMELY comfortable and fitted the bill for my transition into more sensible shoes for the cold weather.  They offer a more casual look but they still maintain a smart look.  The wedge is also a great height  of about 3 inches which means they aren't awkward to walk in.


The boots are made from suede so a little care and maintenance is required.  They also come in a light beige colour but I figured the black ones would be more versatile to wear with black tights.  We all know that wearing the same coloured shoes as your trousers/tights has a lengthening effect! I'll have some of that!


These Faith boots are currently on sale for around £48 so it's best to pick them up now if you are looking for really comfortable, sturdy boots for Autumn/Winter.



In other news, myself and the hubster have been looking at houses in the view to moving in March...VERY exciting.  Yes, I have already started to compile a folder of inspirational decor on my laptop...it may become an obsession I fear!  Anyway, once we get a house, we have decided to get two puppies!  We are both big animal people and a house without dogs just seems wrong to us.   I am in two minds about whether to get a Golden Retriever (my family have always had those) or a Bernese Mountain Dog....


Could he be any cuter????

Chris wants a long-haired Alsatian...


Also VERY cute! I just want to cuddle him!

We wanted to get two so they can keep each other company.  Dogs also seem to learn a lot faster when they have another pup to observe.  Although we have our little hamster chap, Wolverine, we have both always had dogs at so having a couple of them will just complete our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...