Thursday, October 20, 2011

OOTD: What A Stud!

Although the title suggest that this post could be about Ryan Reynolds topless, I'm sorry to disappoint you but it's just about little old me and what I wore today.  I have made no secret of the fact that I ADORE studded clothing of all kinds and lucky for me, it's one of the key trends for A/W.  Hurrah!


I got this heavily embellished Monsoon dress last year and the funny thing is that I actually have it in two sizes.  I originally got it in a size 14 but when I lost weight, it was too big.  So the one I have on in the pics here is the size 12.  It worked out quite well because I can wear the bigger one on bloated days when I want a looser fit and the smaller one for when I feel like a slim jim! I'm not in the habit of buying two sizes of one item though, I assure you!  That would be slightly extravagant.

Dress: Monsoon
Jacket: Zara (link)
Boots: Rebel Heart@USC
Bag: Ebay (link)


I got the grey Zara jacket/blazer with zip detailing recently and I absolutely love it.  A word of warning though...the sizes are TINY (rather ironic that I put that in big letters).  The sizes are like Hobbit-tiny so if you are ordering online, keep that in mind.  The sleeves are especially small in all of the sizes but I'm assuming that's just the style of the jacket.  I can't wait for the day when shops start to actually use some kind of standard sizing! I'm a different size in every shop!  We all know that it can make or break your day.


It would be boring to keep the whole outfit in shades of grey so a pop of cobalt blue was in order.  I just realised that 3 out of the 4 components of this outfit are studded! Oh well...I did mention my fixation...Stud overload!!!


I now have my beady little eye on this studded Zara blazer! I have a serious problem my friends.


On a separate note, I have been listening to this song a lot on my iPod...a nice chill out tune :) It's very Florence + The Machine-esque with the harps and ethereal vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...